Can’t find an appointment time that works for you? Request an appointment time by sending a message using the button above.
Aimee Gustitis advises those caring for aging loved ones. Using both her nursing and law degrees, she guides others through the senior healthcare system. Her experience working in skilled nursing, dementia care, assisted living, home and hospice settings gives families an insider’s perspective on how best to age at home or in a care community.
Her areas of expertise include:
• Identifying and developing strategies to manage caregiver burnout.
• Assisting caregivers to create and maintain personal boundaries.
• Helping families find solutions when a parent, or other family member, refuses to accept care.
• Facilitating conflict resolution sessions for frustrated caregivers and their loved ones.
• Providing recommendations for managing complex dementia symptoms like wandering and aggression.
• Providing recommendations for managing frequent falls or hallucinations.
• Educating families and their loved ones about hospice benefits and qualifying criteria.
Aimee believes caregivers are reflected in the image of the Pieta, where our Blessed Mother is portrayed holding the body of her beloved son, Jesus. Like Mary, caregivers also carry their loved ones to the gates of Heaven. Aimee encourages others to find solace in Jesus’ teaching, “Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.” (Mt 5:4) and in the fact that with every Good Friday in our lives, our Heavenly Father will console us with an Easter Sunday.
Serves clients in all 50 states
Aimee accepts private pay patient from all 50 states
I hired Aimee to help us with our family crisis. Although we were in different states, our virtual conversations were productive. Her faith, experience as a nurse, counselor and lawyer all came together as she navigated through our mess. Her style was firm but passionate as she fully recognized and understood just how painful it was for my father to face his truth. Her guidance allowed me to relinquish my role as enforcer and focus on being a daughter and sibling. It was not an easy task but if it weren’t for Aimee we would all still be staring at the same mountain with no more energy to climb. Take comfort in that there are solutions to your family frustrations in a way that creates resilience and peace of mind. I feel like I can breath again. –Anonymous